Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Weekend Adventure

This weekend our friends Jon and Jen invited us on a camping trip to Capital Reef National Park. Yes, I said camping, in tents. Yes, it was cold, very cold. But it was also extremely beautiful. We covered a lot of Utah in one weekend and I was reminded of exactly how beautiful it is here and also how bleak it can be.

This is the scenery from our campsite. Not bad. We started out here at the visitors center.
Then we took off on a very long drive on dirt roads and roads that barely classify as roads.






I would say all that driving was worth it.

I have a ton more pictures but I will spare you all.


3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love the pictures very beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures. I've never been there.

Camille said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm very jealous!