We woke up well before the sun. Our flight left Salt Lake at 7:25 which meant we had to leave the Valley at 4:30! I got everything ready the night before and figured we could wake up at 4:00 and be on our way. I should have discussed this with Kent. His alarm went off at 3:25.
We hit the road and as we were driving south we started talking about the new Legacy Parkway. As we got closer Ron kept telling Kent to get off on the new road. We dang near missed the exit but Kent got off just in time. Mary Jean turned to Ron and said "Is this a better road?" to which he responded, "No, it's a crappy road!" and he was totally serious. So there we were driving on this windy path to the airport.
Both of our flights took off and landed on time which was nice. We arrived very tired. Luckily our baggage arrived too. We rented a car and drove north to Lexington. Our hotel was very nice. We had a very tastey dinner. We're off to a good start.
Day 2
We were suppposed to meet in the lobby for breakfast at 7:30. Kent and I woke up at 7:15. We hurried and got ready and got downstairs to find Ron and Mary Jean had also woken up late. I guess that's a sign that the beds were really nice. They were, I don't think I have ever slept better in a hotel. We headed to the T station to catch the train into Boston. Amy, you would be very impressed with my subway skills! Even 7 years later I was still a pro.
We ate lunch in the North End, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get Italian (the North End is the Little Italy of Boston) but it was good and especially nice to sit down. We at lunch fairly close to Paul Revere's house and I took this picture of it.
We moved on to the burial grounds and Ron was very disappointed to learn that somehow he had completely missed Paul Revere's house. Luckily he was able to run back and see it. The last time I did the Freedom Trail we stopped at Copps Hill burial grounds and I'm sure glad we did because this time we did the whole thing and were completely pooped by the end. We got to the USS Constitution and could barely go on to Bunker Hill. Kent and I were really hoping for a taxi. About the time we got to Bunker Hill, our last stop, Mary Jean looked down and saw the red line beneath our feet. She said "Is this red line the Freedon Trail?" she didn't notice that we had been following it all day. She just thought we were really good at directons.
Not drinking carbonation has taken a serious back seat on this vacation.
3 comments:
LOVE the cemetary!!!
First of all you really suck because you are on vacation, but I am glad you are having a good time. I already told you that vacation is a free pass to the pop drinking you can start fresh when you get back!
Gotta love MaryJean and Ron! How fun to be on vacation! :)
Post a Comment